Monday, July 22, 2013

Fitness update and how I eat healthy.

Happy (?) Monday! So today I began week 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme. I'm in the Burn phase now and dripping with sweat during these workouts (thanks to my hot apartment and summertime) so the Push and Lean phases are gonna be T-O-U-G-H. The weights I'm currently using are probably a little lighter than they should be and here's why...

I ordered these from Walmart.com but when I opened the box one of the 7.5 lb. plates was damaged and cement was leaking out of it so instead of using 15 lbs. in each hand I'm using 12.5 lbs. Walmart's customer service is great and they already sent me a replacement set but fate stepped in and THESE went on sale over the weekend (they're still on sale - I think today's the last day of the sale). They're the Bowflex SelectTech 552's and Chalene uses 'em. When I noticed them last week for the first time I was like "what are those and where can I get them?", went online, saw the price and nearly fell out of my chair. I told myself my weights, though kinda flimsy, will do just fine and filed the SelectTech's away in my memory. Until this weekend when Bowflex advertised the sale on their Facebook page and reduced the price from ridiculously expensive to "Self? Are you ever gonna be able to get these any cheaper than this? I think not." So I ordered them. I'm sure my UPS guy will be thrilled. Really.

Moving along to eating healthy. This is a 24/7 job for me. I wasn't born with a fast metabolism and I love food so moderation, moderation, moderation. My Dad has a lightening fast metabolism and I frequently subject him to my incessant whining about the unfairness of it all. Here are todays eats which is pretty typical since I try and limit my cheat eats to weekends only. Posting = accountability.

Breakfast: 1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt w/fresh blueberries and half a glass of grapefruit juice.
Mid-morning snack: Coffee and a Nature Valley protein bar.
Lunch: Multrigrain English muffin w/a veggie burger, fresh baby carrots and sliced cucumber.
Afternoon snack: Small peach.
Dinner: Tofurkey Chick'N and Apple "sausage" w/peppers & onions and zucchini that I roasted in the oven.
Plenty of watered down Crystal Light throughout the day. Love the flavor but hate the sweetness so I cut it by using more water or less mix.

Unless I'm eating a salad for dinner I cook my dinner veggies in advance over the weekend so that when I get home from work during the week all I have to do is heat up my plate in the microwave. Super quick and easy. Totally speaking my language now...

Fitness and eating healthy takes effort. Work, personal issues, holidays, etc. can get in the way so if and when they do pick yourself up and get back on track. Your body will thank you. And so will your mind and soul.

PSA: Selena Gomez' new album Stars Dance is out tomorrow! I really couldn't tell you what Selena sang prior to "Come & Get It" but iTunes has been streaming the new album all weekend and I've been listening to it nonstop. I already pre-ordered my copy and you can check it out here. Today's the last day the stream will be available.

PS: I'm getting good at including links in my posts. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment