Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Recent hit and miss.

It goes without saying that most of what I mention here on the blog I'd recommend. It's really easy for me to go on and on (and on and on!) about products I love. But like every other beauty addict I do come across products that just don't work for me. Here's one of each but since I live by the "waste not, want not" rule unless the product is truly sh!teous I begrudgingly use it up. 

TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray. The BEST. Hands down. Super fine mist. Super cheap and you can find it everywhere. Totally (totally!!!) weightless and leaves no film on your hair. I LOVE this spray. It smells great too. I use it on wet hair w/my blow dryer and on dry hair w/my flat iron. Love love love. 

Chi Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. I tried this because I hate the pump on the TRESemme spray. Its clumsy and if you don't depress it the right way the nozzle leaks. Kind of annoying so I (temporarily) ditched my beloved TRESemme over beef with a nozzle. Rather than just switching up the nozzle. Really. Because nothing sets you up for flat iron failure faster than a wet heat protection spray. Chi's super fine mist is great. Big points for this Chi but it all went downhill from there. After a few spritzes of this my hair was left with a heavy film on it that just looked dull and felt gross. After several maybe 2 uses I poured the rest of the bottle down the sink and decided to try the Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection Spray . Because I hadn't learned my lesson the first time around. The jury's still out on this one because while it does feel like it leaves a film on my hair I'm nursing my hair back to health due to the summer heat and my pre-filtered shower water days. I'm going to give this spray some more love before giving it a definitive yay or nay. For now I'm back to regularly using the TRESemme spray and using the Moroccanoil spray on occasion.
Back to Pretty Little Liars! I'm typing this post during the commercial breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment