Monday, August 5, 2013

Fitness update, Argan oil and Maracuja oil.

Happy Monday! The weather here in NYC has cooled down quite a bit over the past few weeks and I'm loving every minute of it. To celebrate an early autumn savor what's left of summer I scheduled a few days off from work so this is my last five day work week till the second week of September. Freaking sweet indeed. I started my fourth week of ChaLEAN Extreme today. My oh my how time flies! I'm due to "graduate" to the Push Phase next week but since these just arrived late last week I'm going to wait a week or two before starting the Push Phase. There are two "rest" days built into the program but instead of resting I like to switch things up with P90X2 Balance + Power, Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones or Extreme Shed & Shred or another round of ChaLEAN's Burn Intervals. There's a lot of debate out there regarding the benefit of "rest" days but I really don't feel like I need the break. I feel great. Physically and mentally. The fact that I've been eating really clean lately helps. Big time. I try and follow the 80/20 diet though an 85/15 or 90/10 ratio is what I strive for. Here's some fitness and nutritional motivation:
I received this deluxe size sample of Josie Maran's Argan Oil Light last week w/my Sephora order.
The bottle may look small (.16 fl. oz.) but a little oil goes a long way. As an added bonus you can refill the bottle as it's the perfect size for travel. I LOVE this stuff. It made my skin feel super soft and hydrated. I'm interested to see how much heavier Josie's Argan Oil is. As luck would have it Tarte's Friends & Family sale is on so I took advantage of the 30% discount and ordered the Pure Maracuja Oil and the Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment. Score! My plan is to use the Argan oil for a month and then switch to the Maracuja oil. That should give each product enough time to work its magic! Have you tried both oils? Do you prefer one over the other and if so, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment